Used Cooking Oil
Category: Healthy Oil.
Canola Oil is a finest quality product from USA, introduced in India.
With worldwide issues like cardiovascular disease and diabetes, a simple change like using healthier cooking oil can make a significant difference. It is very low in saturated fats as compared to other cooking oils. Canola oil has 7% saturated fat, compared to 12% for sunflower oil, 13% for corn oil, and 15% for olive oil. It contains linoleic (omega-6) and α-linoleic acid (omega-3) essential fatty acids at 2:1 making it as one of the healthiest cooking oils at a ratio even better than olive oil. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized a qualified health claim for canola oil’s ability to reduce the risk of heart disease when used in place of saturated fat.
- High source of monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA)
- Rich in omega fatty acids and Vitamin E
- Has considerably low level of saturated fat
- Best ratio of omega 3 and mega 6
- High smoking point
- Neutral taste and flavor
- It has highest levels of plant sterols, especially β-sitosterol and campesterols. Phyto-sterols competitively inhibit cholesterol absorption in the gut and thereby can reduce cholesterol levels by 10% to 15%.
- It is especially rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) which constitutes about 61% of total fats that help to lower LDL or “bad cholesterol” and increase HDL or “good cholesterol” in the blood. Research studies suggest that diet rich in monounsaturated fatty acids help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
- The oil contains vitamin E, particularly gamma-tocopherol. Vitamin E is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Canola oil has highest smoke point oil is also an ideal choice for deep frying because it can be heated to a higher temperature (smoke point -450 °F). This results in lower oil retention in the fried foods.
Directions for use:
Because of its light flavor, high smoke point, and smooth texture, canola oil is one of the most versatile cooking oils. You can use it in a number of dishes and cooking methods, like:
- As a cooking oil for sautéing, stir-frying, grilling, and baking
- In salad dressings, sauces, and marinades
- To coat your pans for nonstick baking
- Instead of solid fats (such as margarine and butter) in recipes
Soyabean oil is amongst the widely used cooking oils in the world. It is one of the affordable and readily available oils that are greatly supported be the American Agricultural Department. Soyabean oil is one of the chief poly- unsaturated cooking oils in current usage. It is one o the cooking oils with high smoke point; 495°F, similar to peanut oil, the property which can be employed in getting oil temperature while deep frying food items. It has saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated (SFA: MUFA: PUFA, 16: 24: 58) fats in healthy proportions. It is one of the stable cooking oils; having high shelf life. Soybean oil works to lower cholesterol levels by decreasing cholesterol absorption in the gut.
- Soybean oil contains no cholesterol, which makes it a perfect choice for individuals with heart disease or high cholesterol
- The fats in soybean oil are polyunsaturated which have shown to help reduce total cholesterol, lower LDL or bad cholesterol levels and increase HDL or good cholesterol levels
- Soybean oil has omega-3 fatty acids, which have shown to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, slow the growth of atherosclerotic plaque, slow the risk of arrhythmias or abnormal heartbeats and decrease triglyceride levels
- Soybeans naturally contain antioxidants, which remain in the oil even after it is pressed. These antioxidants help prevent the damage caused by free radicals, which may help prevent certain cancers.
- Plant sterols, chemicals derived from soybean oil, are used to lower total cholesterol and “bad” low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. Soybean oil also helps in osteoarthritis.
Argan oil is extracted from Argan fruit obtained from Argan tree found in southwestern region of Morocco in Maghreb region of North Africa.
Loaded with Powerful antioxidants like Sterols, Polyphenols, Carotenoids and Vitamins, which protects cells throughout the human body from free radicals to help prevent and treat chronic disease including cancer and cardiovascular disease, as well as, arthritis, dry eyes, muscle cramping, and skin damage.
High levels of Omega 3 fatty acids present in Argan oil prevents from fatigue, poor memory, dry skin, heart problems, mood swings or depression, and poor circulation.