Brahmi may increase certain brain chemicals that are involved in thinking, learning, and memory. Some research suggests that it might also protect brain cells from chemicals involved in Alzheimer’s disease. Brahmi is a nervine tonic that enhances learning, academic performance and improves mental ability. It acts as an anti-anxiety agent and is used in several mental disorders. It also calms over anxiety in children. It is used as a cognitive ability enhancer.
Scholars at the University of Wollongong in Australia conducted double-blind, placebo-controlled studies on Brahmi, showing positive effect on brain functions. Another study found that Brahmi is beneficial for memory retention.
This contains alkaloids brahmine, herpestine and nicotine, along with saponins, monnierin and hersaponin and are known to possess multiple health benefits for all ages.
Benefits of Brahmi:
- This herb is known to relieve nervous irritation or agitation. It is used traditionally for treating psychosis, epilepsy and anxiety.
- Memory enhancement: Brahmi has a significant positive effect on the retention of new information. It can elevate the level of cerebral glutamic acid and temporarily increase the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) level in the brain. It is believed that the endogenous increase in brain glutamine may be helpful in the learning process.
- Cognitive improvement: Brahmi significantly improves the speed of visual information processing, learning rate and memory consolidation, thus enhancing learning ability. It increases superoxide dismutase (SOD) levels, catalase (CAT) levels, and glutathione peroxidase (GPX) activities in the brain, which improves cognitive performance.
- Can improve learning & cognitive activities in Children
- Can be taken by Adolescents and adults for:
- Memory disorder
- Mental fatigue & improving mental ability
- Can be taken by Elderly for:
- Improvement of memory
Take one capsule twice daily on an empty stomach at least an hour before meal. Use twice daily for 6-12 months regularly for better results.
Size: 60 Capsule (800 mg)