It is a common sight in India to see our elders handing out ajwain seeds to family members who have an upset stomach. Carom seeds or bishop’s weed also known as ajwain is a common herb found in Indian households and is well known for properties that make it one of the most used home remedies. But other than being a good digestive aid, it has a number of other health benefits.
Benefits of Ajwain:
- It is known to help in cases of indigestion, flatulence, nausea and relieve colicky pain in babies.
- Pure Ajwain is packed with thymol. In fact it’s the only plant in the world with the highest amount of thymol. This chemical is very effective in helping the stomach release gastric juices that speed up digestion.
- It is known to help improve digestion; ajwain also helps in relieving acidity. The thymol content helps release stomach acids which helps reduce the regurgitation of acids.
- Due to its great anti-inflammatory and curative properties, ajwain is great for pregnant and lactating mothers.
- It helps to improve digestion, ward off constipation due to pregnancy and strengthens the muscles that make up the floor of the uterus.
- Also known for anesthetic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
- Due to its anti-inflammatory and anesthetic properties, ajwain is a good way to get rid of pain due to rheumatism and arthritis.
Take one capsule twice daily on an empty stomach at least an hour before meal.
Advised to use twice daily for 6-12 months regularly for better results.
Size: 60 Cap (800mg)